Home of the Boston Red Sox
9x Champions (last: 2018)
Notable Red Sox Hall of Famers
- David Ortiz (DH,1B)
- Pedro Martinez (P)
- Jason Veritek (C)
- Tim Wakefield (P)
Facts About Fenway
- It cost $650,000 to build in the park in 1912. The park was named by then Red Sox owner John I. Taylor.He said,“It’s in the Fenway section of Boston, isn’t it? Then call it Fenway Park.”
- When first completed, Fenway sat 24,400 fans: 11,400 grandstand seats, 8,000 in pavilion seating and 5,000 in the bleachers.When Fenway opened, there were no stands in right field. The area was used as a parking lot for players.
- In 1912, the team won a franchise-record 105 games and the World Series.After the 1912 season, 5,000 stands were added on the third-base side, 4,500 in right field and 1,200 bleacher seats, increasing stadium capacity to about 38,600 (including standing room).
- As the oldest ballpark in the league, which has served its name as "Americas most Beloved ballpark".
- There were no seats located on the Green Monster, but then in 2003 they decided to do renovations and provided a great view above the field.